Saturday 10 November 2018

Shower Stuff and Other Confessions

Shower stuff is nice. I love to lather up my whole head and let my hair soak up ALL the conditioner. Since I shaved my head I struggle to not use the same amount as when I had real long hair, lol whoops, whatever, force of habit, we've all been there. BUT even though I use some more ethical brands of shamps and conditioner I still don't feel great about the packaging aspect. My dream is that the universe would be a bulk store and we could refill any of our day to day necessities (and that Nestle would admit water is a human right and a lot of other things, I don't just think about trash all the time.) Since the universe is not the way I want it to be, alas, we have to make do with what we have. I have these containers. I bought them because the summer was coming and I needed something simple and quick that I could carry from my trailer to the old bathroom the showers were in or to my in laws with little hastle. So for the summer I used these products. I really do like them and appreciate the ethical aspect of the brand. I have not researched very carefully how ethical they truly are, I am basing this on their marketing and some brief skimming of their website please don't take my word on this and research for yourself.

Despite all that I do care deeply about reducing my waste. So once these two bottles are empty I plan on doing some research and finding a different solution. For awhile I used a combo shampoo and conditioner bar from bulk barn(I love bulk barn, ask me about it) and it didn't suit my hair well and I didn't love the smell, so I used it till it was finished and didn't replenish. I've heard good things about Lush having naked packaging!!! My intentions are to go to lush and find a nice shampoo bar that is low waste, replacing my bottles with a tin that I can refill. It's all in the little steps and doing whatever works for you.

Full disclosure I was given some body wash that I use and it also comes in a container, I like the smell, don't like the packaging, but I plan on using it until it is gone and then maybe finding a way to reuse the packaging. WHO KNOWS! The opportunities are endless.

Another confession, boy am I full of them today, my toothpaste ran out sometime ago and I have been using Josh's for awhile. It's been a good long time and I just haven't made more because sometimes simple tasks are hard. But tonight I washed my face and so I can do ANYTHING! My goal is to make another thing of it tonight.

This post has been a wild ride, thanks for reading. Be gentle with yourself and wash your faces. Bronwyn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holy Christmas

Holy Christmas my dudes. I love/hate Christmas. I like fires, and snacks, and friends, and giving gifts, and getting gifts, train sets, e...