Sunday 1 April 2018

Deodorant



I've been using my own toothpaste for months now and I am very happy with it! It's a cheap and easy way to create/use toothpaste. It did take awhile to get used to the taste, but after a week it was totally fine. To keep with my zero waste ideals I kept my deodorant until I used it all. It doesn't make sense to throw out my old deodorant because that would just be creating even more waste, waste I could've used. So I used it for the last couple of months and finally used it all up. Now I have made my own!

I just googled 'easy homemade deodorant recipe' and found the one that had ingredients I mostly had, the ones I didn't have I borrowed from my mom. Can you call it borrowed if you are never given it back and plan on spreading it on your pits? I looked at a couple and picked one that had only a little bit of baking soda. Some people have a sensitivity to baking soda and the skin in your pits is also very sensitive.

I have used it a little bit and liked it so far! I used lavender essential oil to scent it and I loved the smell! I will let you know if the baking soda bothers my skin and how easy it is to use!

I haven't been able to take any big steps toward zero waste in awhile and this felt really great! To create something I will use everyday and to know exactly what's in the product I'm using is a great feeling. Also seeing another step toward reducing waste is really encouraging.

Shout out to my mom for letting me use her ingredients!


1 comment:

Holy Christmas

Holy Christmas my dudes. I love/hate Christmas. I like fires, and snacks, and friends, and giving gifts, and getting gifts, train sets, e...